It had to happen and it has now begun. Ugly, evil, mean, cruel racism is building across the country against Obama:
– The whole birthright argument is based in racism. Do you think it would have been an issues if Obama’s father had been from France?
– Tommy Thompson’s son said “we can send Obama back to Hawaii – or Kenya. ”
– Billboards in the south say we have to neat the other
– In Georgia, I saw a bumper sticker with the stars and bars, that cross belongs to Jesus.
– All of the voter suppression in part racism, denying the vote to senior African-Americans, too many of whom suffered terror, fear, beatings, house burnings the worst days of Jim Crow.
But nowadays is different. It is up to all of us to meet and confront racism and re-elect Barack Obama.
Stewart Acuff is America’s best-known and foremost labor organizer. He is the former organizing Director of the AFL-CIO. Acuff has also written two books: Playing Bigger Than You Are: A Life in Organizing, and Getting America Back to Work, coauthored by Dr. Richard Levins.Tags: obama, racism