Seems to me that one of the most important issues in America today is inequality.
Inequality is the umbrella over so many other critical issues and problems in America today:
- Inequality is in large part the result of the destruction of any effective freedom of American workers to form unions, bargain collectively, and work together for everyone’s benefit.
- The forces of inequality are the same that take us to awful levels of poverty.
- Scott also says that if the minimum wage had kept up with rising CEO pay as it historically has, the minimum wage would now be $23,000 per year.
- The single most important thing our country could do to reduce inequality over time would be to nationally create the absolute freedom to form unions and bargain collectively for both public and private workers.
- Inequality in wealth and income is directly responsible for the obscene power of money in our elections.
Follow @StewartAcuff on Twitter!
Connect with Stewart Acuff on Facebook!Collective Bargaining, elections, inequality, jobs, minimum wage, Money, raising the minimum wage, scott marshall, Union, workers