The Republicans have an 8 or 9 percent enthusiasm advantage in the Presidential election. The disaster in Egypt and Libya have cost the President polling points in foreign affairs.
Any of us who were beginning to coast better start peddling like hell.
AND THAT MEANS GRASSROOTS POLITICAL ORGANIZING.
This is one of the reasons I wrote the book Playing Bigger Than You Are: A Life in Organizing.
Here are a few things YOU can do right now in your home state:
– Identify your precinct
– Make a plan that will allow you to knock on every door at least twice before the election
– Unless Obama for America gives you one, prepare a 3 point positive reason to vote for Obama. For example: he saved the auto industry and millions of jobs, employment is going up, he killed Bin Laden and got tough on terrorism, he will save Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
– Sign up to volunteer in the phone bank and enjoy the pizza.
– If you’re a union member, sign up for and do your union’s internal political process.
– Romney is great at destroying jobs, Obama is great at creating jobs.
– After 4 years Obama has almost got the elephant’s crap cleaned up.
That statistic is THE REASON WE HAVE TO CLOSE THIS ELECTION USING ORGANIZING PRINCIPLES to win!
Stewart Acuff is America’s best-known and foremost labor organizer. He is the former organizing Director of the AFL-CIO. Acuff has also written two books: Playing Bigger Than You Are: A Life in Organizing, and Getting America Back to Work, coauthored by Dr. Richard Levins.Tags: acuff, elections, obama, Organizing, stewart acuff