Today, Labor Day, is a great time to re-focus and remember what we need to do to get out of our economic crisis and to defeat Mitt Romney.
The way out of our crisis is laid out step by step in the book Dr. Levins and I wrote called Getting America Back to Work.
We have to increase consumer demand and spending power by finding organic ways to get more money in the pockets of workers who will spend it, benefitting all of us and uniting the country:
- Restore the absolute freedom to form unions without fear or retribution
- Pass the Employee Free Choice Act
- Invest in sustainable energy – wind turbines, solar, and others
- Re-invest in manufacturing so we are creating wealth and creating good jobs
- Invest in infrastructure improvement. Quality infrastructure not only creates good jobs, but also greater productivity.
This simple program will not only fix our economy, but improve the lives of millions of Americans!
Stewart Acuff is America’s best-known and foremost labor organizer. He is the former organizing Director of the AFL-CIO. Acuff has also written two books: Playing Bigger Than You Are: A Life in Organizing, and Getting America Back to Work, coauthored by Dr. Richard Levins.Tags: acuff, labor day, stewart acuff