This week we’ve written and talked about the elements that should be at the foundation of our labor movement and American politics and society.
Our failure to keep those elements in place, honor them, and build on them have gotten us to the critical place we are today.
Once the hope of the world and beacon of freedom and democracy, our own people are losing heart, hope, and their democracy.
Our labor movement survives because our members refuse to sacrifice their sense of dignity and self respect and their children’s future to the entirely irrational, evil greed that has us all in a vise grip.
Now is the time to mobilize:
- Call your Congressperson and Senators and demand no cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. 202-224-3121
- Call the White House switchboard and say the same.
- Have your friends and colleagues make the same calls.
- Write a letter to your newspaper editor with the same message.
- Respond to this blog.
- Use social media to spread these messages.
- Help us create an echo chamber against cuts to our elders and disabled! The echo chamber is critical to developing a consensus. We have not been heard enough on the big three.
- We could spark a movement for the needs of our people.
© Creative Commons Copyright 2013
Follow @StewartAcuff on Twitter!
Connect with Stewart Acuff on Facebook!congress, elderly, medicaid, medicare, president, senate, Social Security